Nordic Rentals A/S trading & rental conditions
The legal relationship between the buyer/renter and Nordic Rentals A/S is assessed in accordance with applicable Danish law with the following changes:
General terms and conditions:
- Rented equipment may only be used by the renter or his representative. Subletting can be done by written approval of Nordic Rentals A/S.
- The time the equipment has been rented out is called the rental period, which means the time the equipment has been away from Nordic Rentals A/S’s warehouse and available after the rental agreement. It should be noted that the shortest rental period is 1 day. The day the equipment leaves Nordic Rentals A/S’s warehouse is considered the first rental day. On return, the return day is considered a rental day.
- The rent is calculated on the basis of the prices set by Nordic Rentals A/S.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT, other taxes and insurance.
- Oral offers must be accepted immediately, otherwise they lapse.
- Written tenders are valid for 14 days from the tender date unless otherwise stated.
- The price is the daily price determined at the time of submission of the offer, subject to wage and material increases, fluctuations in exchange rates and changes in customs, freight and other costs.
- Settlement must take place immediately after the end of the lease or to the terms applicable in the lease, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- In the case of contracts and/or contract purchases, the goods remain the property of Nordic Rentals A/S until the contract and / or agreement has been fulfilled.
- The signatories agree to the contents of the contract and return it in signed condition.
- If the contract is not returned within 5 working days from the applied date, the contract is considered invalid.
- Nordic Rentals A/S reserves the right to recover actual costs in connection with an agreed but not returned contract.
- Any disputes are dealt with by the court in Horsens.
- Complaints about defects in quantity or quality must be made immediately after receipt of the goods, otherwise the right of complaint lapses.
- Complaints about other defects must be made within 8 days of receipt, otherwise the right of complaint lapses.
- The following extended force majeure releases Nordic Rentals A/S from liability for delay: war, fire, strike, lockout, weather ban on import and import, seizures, defects or delays from subcontractors and other circumstances.
- Nordic Rentals A/S did not anticipate or should have anticipated.
- For outdoor events, all parts must be effectively secured against wind and weather. Extra tarpaulins must be provided. Nordic Rentals A/S reserves the right to reject the hirer’s action in this regard.
- Dimensions of supply cables and the rest of the installation must be in accordance with the high-voltage regulations. Active ground must be established, and an electrician must be present at connection.
- If the renter picks up the rented equipment him/herself, the transport must take place in a suitable vehicle. Nordic Rentals A/S reserves the right to reject the transport.
- During the rental period, the renter is responsible for any damage and loss of the rented equipment, even if it is accidental.
- Nordic Rentals A/S has taken out insurance for the leased equipment during the rental period. However, this does not mean that the renter’s responsibilities and obligations are limited thereby.
- The rented equipment must be secured against theft.
- Any damage must be reported immediately to Nordic Rentals A/S.
- Theft and vandalism must also be reported to the police.
- If the equipment is rented without a technician, the invoice amount is charged 3% in insurance.
- If the equipment is rented without technicians, the renter is liable for damages that Nordic Rentals A/S does not get covered by the insurance, among other things:
- Theft from open or unlocked motor vehicles.
- Forgotten, lost or misplaced equipment and other loss for which no time of damage and/or cause can be identified.
- Loose cables and lamps.
- Serious negligence insofar as this cannot be blamed on Nordic Rentals A / S or its responsible employees.
- If the equipment is rented by a technician, the renter is fully insured.
Repairs and damage
- No changes or repairs may be made to the rented equipment without special permission from Nordic Rentals A/S.
- The rented equipment must be returned in the same condition as when picked up. Cleaning, rewinding of cables, folding of carpets, or other re-establishment of equipment after return, will be settled to the renter at the applicable hourly rates.
- The customer is always liable for unexplained loss, damage, or painting of the rented equipment. If repairs can be carried out, this is done by the owners measure at the customer’s expense. In case of loss and damage that cannot be repaired, replacement to full or new value.
- Nordic Rentals A/S cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the leased equipment.
- Deductible for equipment. DKK 20,000
- Deductible for vehicles. DKK 8,000
During the rental period
- The rented parts may not be transferred into the care of others, and they may not be transported out side Denmark’s borders unless there is special and written permission.
- Delivery of reserved equipment is made subject to timely delivery of previous renters.
- Nordic Rentals A/S reserves the right to replace reserved equipment with equipment of the same function.
- In the event of late delivery of equipment, Nordic Rentals A/S has the right to demand extra payment and to cover the costs that Nordic Rentals A/S may have incurred in connection with another lease agreement.
- If the tenant fails to return the equipment at the agreed time, this entails unconditional liability, just as the renter incurs liability pursuant to section § 293 of the Penal Code (utility theft).
Cancellation of agreements
Upon cancellation of agreements entered into, Nordic Rentals A / S has the right to charge the following:
- From the conclusion of an agreement to 60 days before the first rental day – 30%, of the total contract amount.
- From 59-15 days before the first rental day – 60%, of the total contract amount.
- From 14 days before the first rental day – 100%, of the total contract amount.
- Such cancellation must be made in writing.
- Fulfillment of agreements cannot be complied with by force majeure.
Limitation of liability
- Nordic Rentals A/S cannot be held responsible for expenses that the renter may incur as a result of engine stoppage or other damage to vehicles, nor where the use of the vehicle is completely or partially reduced.
- Nordic Rentals A/S is never liable for indirect losses, including profit losses.
- Nordic Rentals A/S is liability insured and limited to DKK 20 million, insurance policy is sent on request.
- Nordic Rentals A/S draws attention to the fact that foreign goods transported by Nordic Rentals A/S are not insured in accordance with the so-called carrier liability via Nordic Rentals A/S insurances.
- Nordic Rentals A/S disclaims any liability that may arise as a result of damage to goods during transport and handling.
- We point out that the customer should take out transport insurance.
- If the customer already has transport insurance, the customer’s own insurance company must be informed of the impending transport.